Do I need to do a Self-Assessment?


Knowledge Base / Contractor FAQs / Do I need to do a Self-Assessment?

If you have just worked as an employee of our company or another umbrella company with no other income, the answer is No. You will have your P60 at the end of each tax year (on your Eezytime portal).

You need to complete a Self-Assessment if you:

  • Are Self Employed
  • Are a Company Director (even if the company is dormant)
  • Have Rental Income
  • Any Untaxed Income – this includes stocks and shares.

You will need to declare any other income that you have received, along with the information provided on your P60.

However, if you have received a letter from HMRC asking you to complete a self-assessment, it is best not to ignore this as penalties can be charged. You will need to use the information from your P60 to show your earnings received from Charteris Management and note down any other income that you may have received. Feel free to call or email us should you receive such a request.


Have a question you need answering?

If you need help with something not currently in our knowledge base, then please ask away in the form below…